2020 Washington State Hickory Championship
August 15, 2020
Trophy Lake Golf and Casting Club Port Orchard, WA
Play and awards will be held following any social distancing guidelines in effect on the date of the event. Entry fee is $78, payable at the course but an RSVP is required.
TEE TIMES are: 10:35, 10:44, 10:53, 11:02, 11:11, 11:20, 11:29, 11:38
The usual social gathering afterwards is still tentative. Look for confirmation of all aspects of the WSHC in mid-July, including our registration form.
Contests (1st and 2nd places awarded in each):
Open Division – Gross
Open Division Net
Senior Division Gross
Senior Division Net
Statesman Division Gross
Statesman Division Net
Womens Division Gross (1 place only)
Womens Division Net (1 place only)
Two years ago, when we played the course, every fairway shot felt like the ball was teed-up because the grass was so perfect. The course was designed by award-winning architect John Fought. Trophy Lake offers a daring, risk/reward golf experience with sloping fairways, expansive greens and more than 80 deep-faced, white-sand bunkers strategically placed throughout the course’s 7,206 yards. The drama is heightened by the serene setting and awe-inspiring views of the Olympic Range and Mount Rainier.
AWARDS and ACCOLADES
• Ranked #10 on Golf.com’s ‘Best Golf Courses You Can Play in Washington’ ratings (2016)
• Ranked #10 in Washington on Golfweek’s ‘Best Golf Courses’ ratings (2016)
• Ranked #3 in Washington on Golfweek’s ‘Best Golf Courses’ ratings (2007)
• Ranked #2 in Washington on Golfweek’s ‘America’s Best Courses You Can Play’ ratings (2006)
• Ranked as the 15th ‘Most Challenging Course in Washington State’ by USGA (2004-2005)
• Ranked ‘Third Best Daily Fee Course in Washington’ by the Seattle Post Intelligencer reader survey (2003)
• Rated ‘Best Public Golf Course in Region’ by the Seattle Post Intelligencer reader survey (2003)
• Among ‘America’s Top Golf Courses’ according the Zagat Survey (2003)
EQUIPMENT: Hickory-shafted clubs as approved by the Society of Hickory Golfers. Period attire is encouraged. Rental clubs are available.