2019 Washington State Hickory Championship
August 10, 2019
Trophy Lake Golf and Casting Club Port Orchard, WA
Individual gross and net competition in four divisions: Open at 6,162 yards, Seniors at 5,654 yards, Statesmen and Women’s at 5,342 yards. First Starting time 10:30 am. Trophy Lake Golf and Casting Club, 3900 SW Lake Flora RD Port Orchard, WA 98367 – (360) 874-8337.
$78 includes green fees, carts, range balls, competition awards, and hosted beer/ wine and cheese plates, plus $5 to support the operations of the NW Hickory Players. The normal green fee rate in August is $90 but Steve Franich negotiated a great discounted rate for us.
Steve and Cherie Franich will host the awards ceremony with beer, wine and cheese plates from 4-6 p.m. at their home following the tournament.
Deadline to enter is August 1st. Field is limited so get your entries in early.
Two years ago, when we played the course, every fairway shot felt like the ball was teed-up because the grass was so perfect. The course was designed by award-winning architect John Fought. Trophy Lake offers a daring, risk/reward golf experience with sloping fairways, expansive greens and more than 80 deep-faced, white-sand bunkers strategically placed throughout the course’s 7,206 yards. The drama is heightened by the serene setting and awe-inspiring views of the Olympic Range and Mount Rainier.
AWARDS and ACCOLADES
• Ranked #10 on Golf.com’s ‘Best Golf Courses You Can Play in Washington’ ratings (2016)
• Ranked #10 in Washington on Golfweek’s ‘Best Golf Courses’ ratings (2016)
• Ranked #3 in Washington on Golfweek’s ‘Best Golf Courses’ ratings (2007)
• Ranked #2 in Washington on Golfweek’s ‘America’s Best Courses You Can Play’ ratings (2006)
• Ranked as the 15th ‘Most Challenging Course in Washington State’ by USGA (2004-2005)
• Ranked ‘Third Best Daily Fee Course in Washington’ by the Seattle Post Intelligencer reader survey (2003)
• Rated ‘Best Public Golf Course in Region’ by the Seattle Post Intelligencer reader survey (2003)
• Among ‘America’s Top Golf Courses’ according the Zagat Survey (2003)
EQUIPMENT: Hickory-shafted clubs as approved by the Society of Hickory Golfers. Period attire is encouraged. Rental clubs are available.
TEE TIMES: August 10 (Saturday): Tee Times: 10:30 pm start (Photo 10:15 am)
Awards and hosted refreshments: 4 pm to 6:00 pm
Contact Kit Ledbetter 425-507-5789; email firstname.lastname@example.org or Steve Franich at 253-405-9666 with questions. Also check our website at www.nwhickoryplayers.org for updates.